I am the recipient of the Distinguished Professor of the Year Award of the University of Bridgeport in the academic year 2005. I am also the recipient of the 2015 Connecticut Quality Improvement Award (CQIA) Gold Innovation Award. In December 2017, I was elected Fellow of the African Academy of Sciences to recognize my contributions to Wireless Sensor Networks and Wireless Communications. In 2020, I received the IEEE Connecticut Section Outstanding Member in Academia.
- Recipient of the IEEE Connecticut Section Outstanding Member in Academia 2020.
- Fellow, African Academy of Sciences since 2017.
- Recipient of the 2015 Connecticut Quality Improvement Award (CQIA) Gold Innovation Prize.
- Distinguished Professor of the Year, University of Bridgeport, academic year 2006-2007.
- Nominated for University of Bridgeport Distinguished Professor for academic years 2004 and 2005. Prof. Elleithy was one of two finalists.
- Nominated for King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals for Best Teacher Award.
- Distinguished Annual evaluation by KFUPM for 10 years in research, teaching and community services.
- Honored at the "Academic Honors Day" of the University of South Western Louisiana for superior scholastic achievement, April 1988.
- Certificate of merit, Air Defense College, Alexandria, Egypt, April 1985.
- Badge of honor and Decoration, Graduation with the highest grade "Distinction with Degree of Honor" Egyptian Engineering Syndicate, June 1983.
- Badge of honor and Decoration, Model student of Alexandria University for academic year 81/82, Alexandria University, Egypt, April 1982.
- Highest Scholarship, "Distinction" grade during all academic years, Alexandria University, Egypt, October 1978 - June 1983.
- Badge of honor and Decoration, Scoring 96.25% in National High School Exam and nationally ranked fourth, Alexandria Governor, Egypt, June 1978.